What is ENRICH?
Students will participate in enrichment activities across all spectrums of the upper elementary school curriculum. In addition to providing extension activities in Math, Reading, Spanish, Science and Social Studies, we will spend part of each session focusing on how to produce high standardized test scores, whether your student is taking the NC EOG, the ERB, or the Iowa tests in May.
Educating and Nurturing to Reach Intellectual and Creative Heights, a program for gifted and advanced students in grades 4-5
Class Models (with sample topics):
Reading Strategies • Visualization • Making Connections • Questioning • Predicting • Gallery Walk • Symbolism • Literary Terms
Americana • Grammar Games • Sentence Structure • Parts of Speech • Writer’s Workshop • Graphic Novellas • Poetry
Creative Problem Solving • Social Issues
ENRICH students will be able to:
- Organize ideas and information
- Comprehend and enjoy various types of reading material
- Develop math sense through hands-on exploration of concepts
- Interpret visual, verbal, auditory, and other types of media
- Physically engage in learning activities
- Communicate effectively in a variety of situations on a wide range of topics
- Practice both inductive and deductive reasoning to investigate relationships between details and generalizations
- Generate questions for limitless inquiry
- Examine and analyze the mechanics and usage of the English language
- Synthesize knowledge and inquiry to solve problems and answer questions
- Draft, edit and publish original works of fiction and non-fiction writing
- Write, direct, perform adaptations of written, oral, musical, and visual texts
- Work cooperatively with others on diverse projects
Cost of Program: $50 for hour and a half class
Class will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30, beginning February 26!